Power tools are very convenient and versatile that almost everyone will need them to ease the job around the house, especially those who will take matters into their own hands. One of the most useful tools you may need is a drill driver such as Black and Decker LDX120C Vs LDX220C that are not only affordable but also powerful for various applications. If you are also considering getting one of these, go check what they can offer and decide which seems to fit you the most.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- What Power Tools to Purchase
- What are Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C
- What Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C Look Like
- What are the Specs of Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C
- How are the Performance of Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C
- What else Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C can offer
- Black and Decker LDX120C Vs LDX220C
For crafters and DIY enthusiasts, there must be various types of tools we have in the house and all of them are very useful for the job we usually do but, it is also true that some of them are more often being used compared to the rest. Shopping for a new tool can be confusing especially for those who never have the certain types of tool before but, it is safe to say that what we need highly depends on what we will be doing later.
- Drill or driver is probably the most important and common power tool that almost everyone has in their house. Well, maybe not everyone actually but the fact that it is very useful will make many of those who don’t have one already may want to buy at least the cordless type. This tool is meant to make holes on an item so we can connect it to another piece or use it with other accessories to make handles or certain types of ornamental function.
- Next is cordless screwdriver which is very similar to a drill driver but meant to drive the screw on the object. Some brands also offer them in a package like Ryobi P1832 Vs P882 so users can shop quickly but you can buy them separately. The difference between the two is that usually screw drivers are more compact and if you pick the impact type then this tool will also have a hammering impact to work with thicker or sturdier material.
- For DIY enthusiasts and people who love crafting or making small items and small jobs around the house, rotary tools such as those by Dremel will be a good one to have in your tool box as well. Their mechanism is similar to those of drill and impact drivers but have far smaller motors and so much more versatile because their tips can hold various bits in which decide what the tool is used for. Overall you can drill, sanding, carve, and cut with the proper bits.
- For more serious jobs such as woodworker or if you will be working with lots of wood material from now on, jigsaw is a very ideal investment to make. They are essentially saw but you can cut using the tool with less burden and the way they can make curves and shapes easily will also benefit the variant of projects you have. But, if you will need to strip long sheets of plywood then a circular saw is the more ideal option.
|Black and Decker LDX120C||Black and Decker LDX220C|
|Product Dimensions||10.63 x 3.69 x 8.5 inches||3 x 7 x 10 inches
|Shipping Weight||3.15 pounds||3.5 pounds
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
About Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C
For more serious projects, these tools are very commonly used during the process but depending on what you need the most, it is wise to only get those that we will be using. If you are here then it means that drill driver is the most useful and versatile or the one that you need for this specific project. Drill drivers are available widely and almost any power tool manufacturers carry various models in their catalog. We recommend sticking with well-known brands as they tend to be more reliable than unfamiliar names.
We are sure there are some brands that you are familiar with already and among them, Black and Decker is one of the best options to shop from. This brand is often said as the option for those who are doing construction and often built their own DIY items, with good reputation among casual users, contractors, masons, HVAC professionals, carpenters, etc. Our favorite parts are how they are not expensive but still have reliable power and long lasting to offer the best value.
When checking out their catalog, you will find varying drill drivers with different specifications and different price ranges but, if you are only looking for a good, affordable drill driver then Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C will be two of the most ideal options to consider. These are useful for various tasks from light to medium and any applications around the house whether you need to hang a huge family picture frame or to build a bookshelf for your children.
Both of them are actually very similar drills and we do think you can go with any model but, since the latter is also a newer and a more improved option, the latter will be more expensive and also slightly different in terms of what options it can offer. Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C are equally made based on the original 120 drill driver with convenient, compact, and powerful features to make sure you can finish the project effectively.
Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C Design
Black and Decker have this familiar black and orange appearance similar to DeWalt with their black and yellow fashion. This makes them have a certain professional feel and when it is about built quality, these drill drivers are very robust but also not overly heavy even for elderly users at around 2.5 lbs. These cordless drill drivers are amazing and very comfortable to hold with a good balance since the battery is not overly heavy as well so the top and bottom part doesn’t have that much weight gap.
The drill itself is only about 7.5 by 8 inches tall which is very compact and small considering the 20V battery they used. While Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C are identical at a glance, you can tell them apart almost instantly because the latter also comes with a speed switch option at the top while the former has none. Another part we like from these drills is their battery as they easily slide at the bottom, making it quick to put on and off.
Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C Specs
Moving further, let’s check what Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C can offer and starting with the chuck size, both of them are equally 3/8-inch chuck so if you are going to drill a hole larger than this size, then we need to use a reduced, step drill, or hole saw. Next is their clutch setting and in this part as well, both of them are coming with the same 11 settings to provide you with enough options for both torque and drilling.
Ten of them are for the torque setting and one of them is for drilling. For the household applications, we do recommend to leave them on the drilling setting and move to the torque setting when doing different or heavier applications. What sets them apart from each other is the speed settings itself because the LDX220C carries two different speeds that you can adjust on top of the drill which makes the model even more versatile for wider types of projects.
Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C Performance
Next is the performance and in this part, Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C are amazing and we do think they are ideal for light to medium job. Using them to drill in a thin wood around 2 by 4 inch, none of them face any difficulties depending on how large your bits are and if you push them to use bigger bits, we don’t think they are going to perform nicely as they struggle to make a hole in this thin plank wood.
The difference is that since LDX220C is carrying two different speeds, this one is also working faster in comparison to the LDX120C especially for the medium sized bits that can still penetrate the material without much fuss. While you can use hole saws in both of them, personally we don’t recommend using hole saws especially in thicker material or those thicker than ¾-inch.
Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C Features
The last part we want to mention is their features and in this part Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C are also the same. First there is a small light just above the trigger which is not very bright but can be useful on certain conditions. Second is the bit holder at the bottom of the handlebar and this can hold one bit at a time for convenience. Third is their reversible motor placed near the trigger to remove screws and similar application.
Black and Decker LDX120C vs LDX220C
These drill drivers are amazing to have due to their price point and power as well as versatility. However, Black and Decker LDX120C and LDX220C are different as well because the latter comes with two different speeds which can be beneficial in terms of aiding the versatility as it can be adjusted to follow what you need to finish. However, outside from this, they are practically identical models with the same capabilities and the same features as well as build quality.
You can go with any of them as they are equally reliable and easy to use but, if we have to pick one, personally we prefer the LDX120C because this model is almost half the price of its brother but still with the same power and features.